IIII forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IIII forum

A Minions of Mirth's guild

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PvP tournament (30/09/07)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellago Lyonis

Hellago Lyonis

Number of posts : 21
Localisation : Behind my lethal blades on my faithful dragon, "Fury of the Shadow"... (|[France]|)
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PvP tournament (30/09/07) Empty
PostSubject: PvP tournament (30/09/07)   PvP tournament (30/09/07) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 am

The next PvP Event will be the 30th, Saturday
at 6:30 pm GMT on the Prem West server.

Teams will me mixed, it means teams won't be choosen,
I wish it will make our Guilds closer, Wink.

For registering your team (yeah, you still need a FULL team, Very Happy),
leave me a Privat Message or after THIS MESSAGE.

Here the official rules for characters.

Here the official objectives.

The teams HAVE TO know the rules and the objectives, the rules won't be repeated before the Event.

PS : I would be very glad to see a |||| team!

Last edited by on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grom

grom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-24

PostSubject: Re: PvP tournament (30/09/07)   PvP tournament (30/09/07) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:10 am

Hellago,

I just gave a look to the rules you established for the tournament.

Although I like the fact the toons are supposed to be low level characters, I find it odd you require so strict classes/races/equipment...
Why don't you simply let each team pick up the chars they want, with only few restrictions such as level, magical items, etc... ?

The fact, imo, is that if you bind each player in a "already defined" char, they won't really have the fun to play, that you take yourslef while creating the rules. And as I personaly have been the Game Master in sheet & paper RPG games for many years in the past, I ask you to trust me on this Wink

Same remark for the objectoves by the way : as it is a good idea to restrict some areas or behaviours during the fight, I think that "too much rules kill the rules."

Have fun anyway and tcho !
Back to top Go down
http://www.gromland.net
Hellago Lyonis

Hellago Lyonis

Number of posts : 21
Localisation : Behind my lethal blades on my faithful dragon, "Fury of the Shadow"... (|[France]|)
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: PvP tournament (30/09/07)   PvP tournament (30/09/07) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 am

First, you have to know that I took a -long- time to think about the coice I have done, their consequences... So every rule / class / level restrictions has been longly thought.

1) Why did I restricted the classes?

I first tested many classes to know which ones were the funniest to play in PvP.

Here are my results :

• Assassin : Not tested (almost no interessing things before level 8, and I believe his skill would then be too powerful), he can use poison (bad thing too IMHO), and he is MOD

• Barbarian : Could work, good melee class, but this is the only thing he could do.

• Bard : Buffs would IMHO still be a bad thing, and as it's the only interesting he could got, don't want any bard

• Cleric : Can heal way too much since the beginning, and would be limited to that (I hardly imagine a nice fight between two clerics if the two others of every team are already dead...). Furthermore, Movement speed buff since level 2 : bad thing.

• Doom Knight : Nice class with his dots until level 5 : he can fear and that's a real pain in PvP... and MoD...

• Druid : Can reflect damage since the beginning, very bad thing.

• Monk : Very nice class until level 8, this class also allow to jump from higher with taking less damage, which is a very nice point if wanting to allow a specific character to that.

• Necromancer : Could be a nice class if not able to fear since level 1...

• Paladin : Very nice class, good melee, heals strong as needed for a character that could play a role of healer.

• Ranger : Very nice class too, good melee, and can attack with his arrows with the perfect range between melee and spells.

• Revealer : Weak damaging spell, can fear since level 3 and add a mana regen buff which would allow spell caster to cast their spells without any limit, however a nice debuff.

• Shaman : Movement speed buff : bad thing, very weak dots, maybe the pet could just be a nice thing.

• Tempest : Spells as strong as needed, a pet just for the fun, very nice class, and the fact that we play with walls increase it's fun with the keyboard and brain utilisation, Very Happy

• Thief : Same than Assassin

• Warrior : Very close from the Barbarian, could work too.

• Wizard : Spells much too strong, no fun playing with him without adding a tank class with great hp which mean higher levels.

I resume : nicest ones :
** Paladin, because can at the same time heal and fight in melee, he plays a very nice role, Wink.
** Monk : Very nice class added to another one (+hp, +acrobaty + healing skill)
** Ranger : low heals, good melee and archery
** Tempest : nicest mage class at low levels for PvP

2 ) Why didn't I allowed to play these classes as players could want

- For fairness reasons : 3 Tempests could for example cream 2 Rangers and a Paladin, even if in 1vs1, every class could be perfectly balanced, so oblige players to have defined classes would perfectly balance the teams.
- So that everyone have a defined role, so that the Paladin's heal would be more important than if there was 3 in the same team : everyone would finaly have a more important impact in the match. So just for more fun to feel taken by it's role...

3 ) Why did I have been so strict with levels, items, stats utilisation at the begining?

- For fairness reasons : A team that drunk 10 fort stats pots in str, bdy, ref, agi with a stronger Tempest with 50 more mana and 70 hp thanks to items and Paladin who heal 50% thanks to tomes would have more chance to cream the other team, infact both teams wouldn't take pleasure at playing it.
I tried to make the Ranger, the Paladin and the Tempest the most balanced possible, that's why the Monk / Tempest is 7 / 5, the Paladin level 10...

I agree there are too much rules, but MoM doesn't allow me anything else.
If a mode (or something else) could be chosen, which would just unallow you to make quest and loot other iteams as those needed, just allowing you to pick one of the 3 different characters with the good stats, which wouldn't give anymore xp once the good level, without unlimited fighting area, I wouldn't even have to do that.

However, I agree how did I described the objectives was taking too much lines, images would surely have been a better way to explain...
Back to top Go down
grom

grom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-24

PostSubject: Re: PvP tournament (30/09/07)   PvP tournament (30/09/07) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:55 am

Wow.
I'm happy to see you have the time to think and write all of this Hellago. Time I've not by the way.
Now, for the point, I would say that the fundament of the game is to have fun. Planning things is great as long as you don't forget this path.

And to be honnest, I think that a team of 3 lev.10 chars, whatever the race or class can have his hour of glory, as it is usualy a matter of tactics instead of balanced class opposition...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gromland.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP tournament (30/09/07)   PvP tournament (30/09/07) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP tournament (30/09/07)
Page 1 of 1