IIII forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IIII forum

A Minions of Mirth's guild

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moderating MoM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Herleva
Admin
Herleva

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:13 pm

For me the global channels in MoM became an unpleasant place in the last days. The
moderators seem to have gotten a new guideline how to do their job. This guideline includes
spamming the channels with prepared advises like "keep the channel clean". The moderators
even start sending tells to players who just help others in a public channel. It happened to
me yesterday, and I guess they do it with others as well.
In addition to their random messages they behave quite unprofessional when dealing with
jerks. They join arguments, LOL is regularly seen after a moderator name and I noticed that
one of them even put oil into the fire in an argument by provoking a player.
One of them told a player that they will be muted with the words "I'll give you LOL!"

I will either keep the channels shut from now on or ignore the moderators.

I helped a player to find Hazelbrek's Outpost...I should be banned!
Moderating MoM Screenshot26900001qk2.th

Moderaors join the discussion about WoW and Runescape in /m (Turimber = Solvar)
Moderating MoM Screenshot26900002ux8.th
Back to top Go down
Alba

Alba

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 pm

The moderators are useless... It has been like that for a long time. They spend most of the time logged in being AFK, and miss things. of all the moderators i know, citrine is the only one which serves any real purpose. PG really needs to get proper moderators.
Back to top Go down
Draknir

Draknir

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:11 am

PG don't think they need more moderators. They reluctantly recruited one about 1.5
month ago, a player that had been waiting for the post for approximately one year.

Maybe someone will take over my chat crusade...

Hope you're all well, see you soon ingame.
~Draknir
Back to top Go down
Herleva
Admin
Herleva

Number of posts : 77

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Well, Tshizz wasn't on that day, and neither was Citrine. I don't think they would act like
that. Maybe PG needs moderator coaching, for some reason Citrine and Gylan are
respected, why can't they teach the others?
Back to top Go down
Draknir

Draknir

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:30 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Solvar was recruited hastily because there were few active
moderators at the time being, and Shoshanna was recruited for no particular reason
it seems, by Savage, was it?

It was some time ago that I played MoM and followed chat, but it seemed like Shoshanna
was doing well then, as far as being more observing than other moderators. Whether
what she /told Handwerk was a mistake or not (misunderstanding/misreading chat),
it was undoubtedly unprofessional of course. I'm just saying that this is the first thing
I see from Shoshanna's part that is negative in 5 months or so.

As for Solvar, well I didn't think he was a moderator anymore. He's busy desiging his
viking mmorpg Isles of Midgard either way, so I wouldn't group him together with the
regular moderators.

And from PG's part, I'd say they have less time to focus on MoM (although the Undead
Wars expansion came as a surprise for me), since they're working on a new project.
Let's just say that they focus less on the community and more on the contest, at least,
much like they've done before.

Maybe more passionate moderators are the way to go, but since PG doesn't give the
chat issues any recognition whatsoever, that probably won't happen.

[Edit] I see now that Solvar|Irc is a channel operator, oh well. [/Edit]
Back to top Go down
mora

mora

Number of posts : 36

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 pm

The only moderators I respect in MoM are Gylan and Citrine. These two are moderators that both master an appropiate, correct way of moderation, nice, neutral and fair - but unfortunately too often afk...
(Till now i did not even know that Tshizz also is moderator - so nothing to mention here.)

Maerghaine/Shoshanna conquered with her ingame-alts, independently of eachother, my ignore-list very quickly - i really appreciate deeply persons sharing their profound thoughts with their brilliant comments framed in LOLs.
Same goes for Malsquando/Paco, who already felt himself in the urgent need to articulate some very convincing statements about his IQ in the MoM-forum - among a lot of other really clever posts and chat contributions, - not mentioning his odd hide-game he plays with his accounts in the forum...

Savage ... well, his arbitrary way to fancy and dislike players, a deep lack of neutrality, and the fact that he owns prairie games makes him really sympathic.

Solvar - to me is only moderator out of nostalgy - I've never had any problem with him so far, but I find his reactions sometimes a bit strange. - I do remember a long discussion in the past in the forum about dreamingness, free speech ... Lhooq among others took part in at least two or three threats about it.

Do we need even more passionated moderators ?... Would that really change the behaviour of those that act as they were at their couch in their livingroom?
Passion is very far from what i want to notice in a moderator's motivation. It should be a contract and money.
But i can't imagine that PG will ever care that much, - why change anything for a highly short-living community, if the mayority of this community isn't bothered but feels entertained by More Armor! Better Weapons! New Bard Buffs! ... and loling moderators ...

I think payed moderators with clear rules would be a solution, - but it's an indie-game, so I usually just have /m /o and /h shut and open it every now and then to give somebody a new chance to win a place on my (very large) ignore list.

-mora-
Back to top Go down
Draknir

Draknir

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:59 am

Heh, hell will freeze over before PG pay their moderators. Until then, we're out of luck.
It seems that the moderators have adapted the roles of clowns that are supposed to
entertain children at parties, instead of being serious and doing what they're meant to
do - keep the channels clean and help players. Like mora mentioned though, most of the
players seem to enjoy the moderator clowns, so the PG team isn't bothered.

Tshizz is indeed the moderator I was referring to, but he seems as busy as ever with RL.
Back to top Go down
Alba

Alba

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Savage isn't a real moderator... as far as i can see, he is only of moderator position because he is an associate of Prairie Games, and i believe he owns the MoM bot. From his actions on chat, i see he is also an admin of the channels.

Thing is, PG might as well not bother to log into IRC, all they do is sit AFK, and come back every few hours to type in "MoM premium?" they do very little to watch or moderator chat, or to scout out for potential moderators.

Paco, i find is too hasty with the mute stick, and i don't like him.

Shoshanna, is a nice person, but not cut out to be a moderator, she is too nice for the job.

Solvar, lost my confidence a long time ago, when i noticed that even when he was the only moderator logged in he watched just one channel.

We need real moderators.

Citrine spends too much time AFK now, and Gylan, unfortunately, is lost into the World of WoW and is very busy with Real life.

Another problem i have found is that the will discipline the troll who starts and acts most on a flame war, but won't touch the other idiots who join in and spam up the channel with their sad attempts at controlling him. I have no problem with the community attempting to control a miscreant, but it is when they all choose to, and end up spamming the channels en masse.
Back to top Go down
Draknir

Draknir

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 pm

I was in Mirth a few days ago*, and after studying the chat, I couldn't
help but thinking how wonderful it is... compared to the chat in WoW.
I don't even think there are any chat moderators there, just a right click
+ 'Report spam' option. I'm glad as long as we have a few somewhat
competent moderators in Mirth, for now, at least. Expect me to be
grumpier when I get back and used to it, though!

*Testing the Undead Wars, of course. I couldn't resist.

~Draknir
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moderating MoM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderating MoM   Moderating MoM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderating MoM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IIII forum :: Visitors :: Lost Thoughts-
Jump to: